Corporate Legal Services
Devoted to Local Missouri Businesses
Frankel, Rubin, Klein, Payne & Pudlowski, P.C., understands that every business and industry has its own unique challenges implicit to them. Therefore, it is our job to learn about your business before we offer you corporate legal services. From start-up to exit strategies, we function not only as lawyers, but rather as business counselors. Utilizing a solutions-oriented approach geared towards achieving defined goals and objectives, we help our clients successfully execute their business plans. We will strive to provide you with quality, cost-effective legal services, regardless of the size of your business.
We offer a comprehensive range of corporate Legal services, including:
- Selection of business entity;
- Formation of business entities such as corporations, limited liability companies, partnerships, family limited partnerships and joint ventures;
- Shareholder, partner and operating agreements between business owners;
- Negotiation and preparation of contracts serving the business purposes of the corporate enterprise;
- Mergers and acquisitions;
- Business succession planning to assure the successful continuation of a closely-held business following the owner’s retirement, death or disability; and
- General corporate representation.
- Buy-sell Agreements
- Agreements for the Sale of Goods
- Purchase Orders
- Loan Documentation Review:
- Pre- and Post-Closing Legal Loan Reviews
- Commitment Letters
- Loan Closing and Due Diligence Checklists
- Title Insurance Policy Review
- UCC Lien Review
- Loan Closings
- Loan Documentation and Agreements
Additionally, we provide valuable expertise in other practice areas, to businesses and business owners, which often complement our clients’ corporate legal services, including:
- Real estate transactions;
- Employment agreements
- Shareholder Employment Agreements/ Non-Shareholder Employment Agreements
- At-will Employment Agreements
- Independent Contractor Agreements
- Confidentiality Agreements
- Non-competition and Non- Disclosure Agreements
- Business and commercial litigation and dispute resolution; and
- Financial restructuring, reorganization and bankruptcy.
- Counseling and Prevention
- Preparing and reviewing employment policies, handbooks, application forms, performance evaluation forms, offer letters, employment agreements, and other documents governing the relationship between an employer and its employees.
- Developing and presenting training programs for managers and supervisors concerning legal trends, judicial developments, and statutory and regulatory compliance.
- Auditing employment related policies and procedures, classifications of employees for wage and hour law purposes, and independent contractor designations.
- Advising employers regarding union avoidance strategies, union organizing campaigns, collective bargaining, grievances and arbitrations, and both planning for and handling strikes, picketing, lockouts, and other economic tactics related to labor disputes.
- Counseling employers regarding labor and employment related issues that accompany mergers and acquisitions, mass layoffs, plant shutdowns, and business relocations.
- Developing workplace safety programs, auditing safety regulation compliance programs, and representing employers during Occupational Safety and Health Administration investigations.
- Advising employers regarding affirmative action program and plan design, compliance issues, representing employers during Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs compliance reviews, and counseling clients regarding affirmative action and diversity best practices.
- Drafting policies and counseling employers concerning leave of absence, reasonable accommodation, and workers’ compensation return to work issues.
- Preparing and reviewing employee drug testing policies, advising employers regarding “reasonable suspicion” determinations and the methodology by which employers implement “random” testing, counseling clients about appropriate disciplinary actions for policy violations, and drafting “last chance” agreements for employees that enter treatment programs to avoid termination of employment.
- Assisting employers with day-to-day labor and employment law issues in the context of employee performance improvement plans, disciplinary actions for misconduct, job performance evaluations, and proper documentation.
- Negotiating and drafting non-competition agreements, non-disclosure agreements, and agreements by which employees assign intellectual property rights.
We value the opportunity to serve you.